How do I know what type of borescope I need?
The following are questions you can ask to determine what type of borescope best suits your application :
- Do I need a straight (rigid) or bendable (flexible) borescope?
- Do I need to capture images or can I simply do a visula inspection?
- What length of borescope do I need?
- What is the maximum diameter of the entry point of the borescope?
- Do I need an angled view or am I only inspecting straight ahead?
- Do I require close focus?
- WIll my unit be static or portable?
What is the difference between a fibrescope and a videoscope?
Fiberscopes are manufactured using fibreoptic cable. These scopes are flexible and allow for up to 25,000 pixel imges. Length is usually restricted to prevent image degradation.
Videoscopes contain a small camera unit at the tip of the flexible cable. These cameras transmit the image to a screen. They can deliver high resolution video and still images. Various lengths and diameters are available.